Texas Instruments OMAP3630
The OMAP36xx high-performance, multimedia application device is based on the enhanced OMAPTM 3 architecture and is integrated on TI advanced 45-nm process technology.
This OMAP device includes state-of-the-art power-management techniques required for high-performance mobile products. The following subsystems are part of the device:
- Microprocessor unit (MPU) subsystem based on the ARM CortexTM-A8 microprocessor
- Imaging video and audio (IVA2.2) subsystem with a TMS320C64xTM digital signal processor (DSP)
- POWERVR® SGX530 subsystem for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration to support display and gaming
- Camera image signal processor (ISP2P) that supports multiple formats and interfacing options to a
wide variety of image sensors
- Display subsystem with a wide variety of features for multiple concurrent image manipulation, and a
programmable interface supporting a wide variety of displays. The display subsystem also supports NTSC/PAL video out.
- Level 3 (L3) and level 4 (L4) interconnects that provide high-bandwidth data transfers for multiple
initiators to the internal and external memory controllers and to on-chip peripherals The device also offers:
- A comprehensive power and clock-management scheme that enables high-performance, low-power
operation, and ultralow-power standby features. The device also supports SmartReflexTM adaptative voltage control. This power-management technique for automatic control of the operating voltage of a module reduces the active power consumption.
- Connectivity to various cellular modem chipset
- Memory stacking feature using the package-on-package (POP) implementation
Datasheet: File:Omap3630 trm.pdf